THE REAL RICH INDIA

PART 1:

Intense heat,
Heated stones,
Super hot sand,
It feels like we are standing inside the furnace,
Here in my field area...
Still, still
These 100-125 people who are working constantly;
Who show no signs of either anguish for extreme weather conditions or distress
(And smiles and laughter instead.)
I wonder, are these even humans?
They are super humans, at least for me!
They are the ones who work like machines,
Oh sorry, not at all.
Because they have emotions, they are full of compassion,
For one and all.
They make sure to ask me all times,
Whether I had my food, I am doing good or not.
They keep worrying for me,
They never forget to take care of me and the team in the middle of all their work.
How humble these people are!
At the end of the day, they came and thanked me that they felt so good that I was there all day,
Standing with them in the sun.
But you see the difference,
I was just 'STANDING AND OBSERVING'
I hardly lifted a single stone,
Because it’s not my cup of cake…
๐Ÿคท
Some said, their shoulders were in paining because of lifting stones all day
But by seeing me, they are feeling relieved!
God, how can even someone be
so grateful to the spectator!
I have seen people moving stones for someone,
And the other one didn't even take the pain to say 'thank you'!
But I believe it's all how a person perceives the world to be…
More the number of lenses,
More difficult it is to see clearly the values of love, compassion and humbleness which prevails around...
I am grateful to get such an opportunity to witness these supreme values to this extent...
I owe my thanks to multiple people and organizations...
And the universe for making them the channel of love and peace…
Peace of mind… Peace of heart…
--A delighted and grateful soul..! 


Part - 2

To prepare lunch for these people on site
We needed a lot of water to cook
The water and woods need to be carried from home or nearby bore well (at least 2kms away)
As the work location has nothing except sand, stones and sunlight!
Food and water comes so handy to people like us
That we can never imagine getting water once in 7days!
The home, the utensils are cleaned properly once a week... Yes, you heard it right!
Water is stored and is available for crucial tasks like cooking and drinking..
I have never imagined the value of biscuit
As this before.!
4 biscuits mean a lot of luxury to the people here!
One full meal is something they long for.
In my city, even the chuskiwala charges 7 Rs per chuski now
But 1rs ice cream is still the thing of riches here.
A kid with 2 Rs pocket money stands with high collars amongst one’s peers even today.
By seeing their beautiful houses I never thought
500 Rs means a lot of money to them even now.. 
It helped me take off my lenses and see things from a different perspective
As Anshu bhaiya says, “ sirf dekhna kafi nahi hai, ghoor k dekhna hoga’’
When I saw and experienced things myself, something moved in me.
A part of me moved.
Little disturbance when I see the irregular distribution and usage of resources creating severe issues in places of excess and scarcity both
And a little settlement with the thought that
‘We need not to go to different places to find things. We just need to keep looking for them in whichever place we are’

Special thanks to Goonj...My beloved family
To give me such an opportunity!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

เคœเค— เคธूเคจा เคธूเคจा เคฒाเค—े!

TRUST-- An Indispensable Quality to Survive

เคช्เคฐेเคฎ